Cambridge Tests and Certificates
Wall Street English offers preparation courses for FCE, CAE and CPE certificates.
You can choose from 2 types of Cambridge English preparation courses to suit your needs:
Cambridge English test preparation
Participants in the Cambridge English preparation courses complete intensive revision during the 12-week programme with the aim of passing the Cambridge English exam under optimal conditions. With small group English tuition, extensive and high-quality teaching resources and Cambridge English sample tests, you will be prepared to achieve the best possible results in English. All the formalities associated with registering for an FCE or CAE exam at the test centre are also taken care of.
What are the Cambridge exams?
FCE and CAE are official certificates issued by Cambridge English (ESOL). These English exams are recognised by thousands of employers, universities and government agencies around the world as proof of English proficiency.
- The FCE First Certificate in English is the most internationally recognised Cambridge exam. This qualification is required by most companies. The FCE is equivalent to a B2 level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- CAE Certificate in Advanced English - equivalent to level C1 English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This is a high-level exam that tests your ability to function in English in complex academic and professional situations. The score range is 180-210. However, through the bridging system, it is possible to obtain a C1 SERR level. It is also possible to obtain a higher C2 level if the candidate scores above 199 or a lower B2 level if the candidate scores below 180.
Cambridge English test content
The Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English and First Certificate in English examinations are divided into 4 stages:
- The Reading Comprehension section, which takes 1 hour and 15 minutes and consists of 7 parts and 52 questions, assesses your ability to understand the information in the text.
- A written expression of 1 hour and 20 minutes, divided into two written pieces (letters, reports, reviews or short stories).
- An oral comprehension section of approximately 40 minutes, divided into 4 parts and 30 questions, which includes comprehension of audio recordings.
- Speaking section of 14 minutes, which is paired with another candidate and assesses oral fluency in direct communication.
Preparing for the Cambridge English test
To find out about other FCE, CAE and CPE preparation course start dates, contact us!